Are you ready to become an End of Life Doula?
The International End of Life Doula Association is grateful for the success of our six trainings in 2016.
As we move forward with our vision for continued growth, we are proud to be offering twelve trainings in 2017!
Thank you for your support and we look forward to meeting you!
January 20 – 22 Tampa, Florida (Training Completed)
February 10 – 12 Santa Barbara, CA (Training Completed)
Mar. 17 – 19 Dallas, TX (Training Completed)
April 21 – 23 Raleigh, NC (Training Completed)
May 5 – 7 Buffalo, NY (Training Completed)
Registration is Now Open for Tampa! Please check back soon as additional trainings become open for registration. The cost for the training is $600 per person.
If you would like to do a training and you’re not close to these locations, or there is great interest within your local community, please contact us for details on our community-based training program.
The End-of-Life Doula training consists of 22 hours of classroom training. The training includes a thorough exploration of the end-of-life doula model. This involves:
- learning how to be a deep, active listener
- how to create and conduct guided imagery sessions for relaxation for the dying and their family
- how to create and facilitate family rituals
- how to guide the family in creating a “legacy” project
- learning how to help a dying person and family plan for the atmosphere around the bedside, including how to use touch, holding of the patient, music, and readings
This is deep, meaningful work which will leave you profoundly changed. Once the 22 hours have been completed you will be on your way to becoming certified. Please read about the INELDA certification process here.
Specific details and registration for each date will be announced via our newsletter and the INELDA Facebook page.